Tuesday 23 June 2009

Sending out an SOS


A few weeks ago Katie ordered three necklaces from me - one for each of her children (what a lovely idea). I noticed at the bottom of her email that she was involved in a charity so I followed the link to the website. The night before I had watched a documentary about the orphaned children in Burma and after seeing the SOS website I decided I would like to try and do a little something to help.

I have decided to launch a cute little ID bracelet (available late summer) with 10% of the sales going to SOS. I am delighted to support SOS Children's Villages - the world’s largest orphan charity.

SOS Children's Villages provides a family home for life for children who have lost their parents through conflict, famine, disease and poverty. Over 70,000 orphaned or abandoned children are cared for by SOS mums in family homes in more than 470 unique children's villages, in 123 countries around the world. A quarter of a million at risk children in the community benefit from SOS Children's outreach support which includes education, vocational training, medical care and development programmes. SOS Children also provides emergency relief in situations of crisis and disaster, and continues to support families in earthquake and tsunami-affected countries.

If you would like to find out more about the charity or would like to sponsor a child please click on the link below.

Make a difference today, sponser a child here to give them a family for life.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Amy this is such a lovely thing to do and I think It would make a perfect present for our little one when her birthday comes round. Then she can be just like Mummy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great project to be involved with and I love the bracelet design. Thumbs up, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amy these bracelets are beautiful, i had one very similar when I was a little girl and loved.

    ReplyDelete