Wednesday 10 June 2009

Slipper heaven

The day didn't begin awfully well. Maybe I just got out of bed on the wrong side or maybe the pile of Father's Day orders (everyone seems to be loving the shirt collar stiffeners) is stressing me out a little. An email from Clare of Lulu Carter fame didn't help my mood. I sent her a necklace and stamped her sons name as Harry. He is in fact called Henry! I was so cross with myself.

But then the post arrived and suddenly everything was ok again. The parcel with matching his and hers slippers inside was just what i needed. LLBean must have been looking down on me.







They are truly the most comfortable things I have ever had on my feet and I will never buy slippers from anywhere else again. Ok, so they don't look so hot with the footless tights but Matt is the only one who gets to see that ensemble (in the flesh) - what a lucky, lucky man! They made me feel so much better I even managed a little mumsy jig to Basement Jaxx.

2 comments:

  1. thanks amy...i have to admit, i was very private about my pregnancy until the last few weeks - such a personal thing - so only those reading every post very carefully or my 'artists who blog' interview would've known!

    have fun with your slippers and good luck with your £200 cut offs this summer! (re comment on laura's blog).

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! they look so warm and cosy. Just the right medicine for a grumpy start.

    ReplyDelete